Team River Runner’s
Pints & Paddles for a Cause
Supporting our Veterans
Come splash around and sip delicious beer for an incredible cause at this event, benefiting Team River Runner, a non-profit that leads wounded veterans on a road to recovery through kayak and other paddling programs.
The day kicks off with a recreational paddle around Mission Bay’s Vacation Isle, then join in on the fun for our Khaotic Kayak & SUP Pandemonium races. All will be launching from Santa Clara Point. At the finish line, paddlers receive a commemorative T-Shirt at the “Pints For A Cause” after-party, where the legendary Mission Bay Yacht Club will be serving up a BBQ lunch, beer, live music, and exciting prizes to both paddlers and the public.
We invite ALL paddlers – whether you are never-ever, to just for fun or a paddling pro — to come together for a day on the water and support Team River Runner! The emphasis is on FUN versus speed. Pints and Paddles is a paddle community event, and we encourage everyone to attend!
- When: September 14th 2019
- Where: Mission Bay Yacht Club, 1215 El Carmel Place, San Diego, CA
- Time: 8 AM – 2PM
8am – 9am Registration Open
9am – 10am Khaotic Kayak Races
10am – 11am SUP Pandemonium Races
11:15am – 12pm Community Paddle
11:30am Beer Garden Opens
12pm – 2pm Lunch
12:45 Raffle Prize Winners Announcement
· Khaotic Kayak: Teams of three per kayak, consists of two paddlers and a gunner. The gunner will be using a super soaker to slow down competitors on a 150-yard course around a buoy. Heats of three or four boats will compete in each qualifying heat, with the winning team advancing to the final. Kayaks, paddles, life jackets (PFD’s) and water soakers are provided. Dress to get wet!
· SUP Pandemonium: Teams of two per stand up paddleboard, a paddler and a gunner. The gunner will be using a super soaker to slow down competitors on a 150-yard course around a buoy. Heats of three or four SUP boards will compete in each qualifying heat, with the winning team advancing to the final. SUP boards, paddles, life jackets (PFD’s) and water soakers are provided. Dress to get wet
· TRR Social Paddle on Mission Bay: Fun paddle exploring Mission Bay with our veterans. All levels including beginners and never-evers are welcome. Bring your own kayak or stand up paddleboard. Not to worry if you don’t have one: Rentals are available from Aqua Adventures and will be waiting for you at the event if booked in advance.
· Giant Raffle supporting Team River Runner with lots of great prizes
· BBQ Lunch provided by the Mission Bay Yacht Club (burgers, chicken and veggie options)
· Fun, community and more!
Can’t Attend, Make a Donation!
We understand that not everyone can make it to the event, so consider making a donation instead…
All proceeds benefit Team River Runner a 501(c)3