Pints & Paddles For A Cause
Fifth Annual Fundraiser to Support Team River Runner
Saturday, September 15, 2018
8am to 2pm
Mission Bay Yacht Club (1215 El Carmel Place, San Diego, CA 92109)
We invite ALL paddlers – whether you are never-ever, to just for fun or seasoned — to come together for a day on the water and support Team River Runner! The emphasis is on FUN versus speed. Pints and Paddles is a paddle community event, and we encourage everyone to attend! Even if you don’t own a kayak and SUP board, we have you covered – rentals will be provided through Aqua Adventures if booked in advance.
· Khaotic Kayak: Teams of three per kayak, including two paddlers and a gunner. The gunner will be using a super soaker to slow down competitors on a 150-yard course around a buoy. Heats of three or four boats will compete in each qualifying heat, with the winning team advancing to the final. Kayaks, paddles, life jackets (PFD’s) and water soakers are provided. Dress to get wet!
· SUP Pandemonium: Teams of two per stand up paddleboard, a paddler and a gunner. The gunner will be using a super soaker to slow down competitors on a 150-yard course around a buoy. Heats of three or four SUP boards will compete in each qualifying heat, with the winning team advancing to the final. SUP boards, paddles, life jackets (PFD’s) and water soakers are provided. Dress to get wet
· TRR Social Paddle on Mission Bay: Fun paddle exploring Mission Bay with short and long courses available. All levels including beginners and never-evers are welcome. Bring your own kayak or stand up paddleboard. Not to worry if you don’t have one: Rentals are available from Aqua Adventures and will be waiting for you at the event if booked in advance.
· Giant Raffle supporting Team River Runner with lots of great prizes
· BBQ Lunch provided by the Mission Bay Yacht Club (burgers, chicken and veggie options)
· Ninkasi Beer: Sit back, have a beer and enjoy the festivities. Every pint of Ninkasi sold will be donated to Team River Runner.
· Fun, community and more!
Why support Team River Runner? Since 2004, TRR’s mission is to create an environment of healthy adventure by providing innovative paddling programs to assist with the recovery of for healing active duty and veteran service members through paddlesports.
More info at: www.pintsandpaddles.org
Can’t Attend, Make a Donation!
We understand that not everyone can make it to the event, so consider making a donation instead…