Aqua Adventures, SD Paddlers and The Paddleboarding CPA present:
Water Safety/Rescue Clinic
Keep paddling safe and fun!
Join us for a one day clinic going over paddle safety for kayaking and stand up paddleboarding, hear from experts on the water and learn about San Diego’s local waterways.
This clinic will be a hands-on, practical clinic open to paddlers who are new to water rescue or those looking for a refresher course.
In this clinic expect to learn:
- Using your SUP to asssist you in flip board rescues for conscious and unconscious victims
- Assisting a capsized kayak
- Towing options in SUP / kayak with tow lines and using a leash
- On board safety kit – what you must carry with you at all times
- Local waterway laws, sea life and safety tips
- Hear directly from on-site lifeguards and Harbor Patrol on what they expect from you on the water
*Please note: This clinic is not a lifeguard training or a SUP / SUP yoga instructor class.